As the fall 2023 admissions cycle comes to a close, the CRM project team is happy to provide this CRM update. The initial implementation of the new CRM platform that supports the complete application and enrollment lifecycle, case management, and reporting functionality has been complete. The team continues to implement additional enhancements to improve the overall user experience and system performance.
CRM for Phase 1 for Enrollment Management began in October 2019. The first six months of the project were dedicated to discovery, interactive design, and planning sessions with Rutgers’ functional staff. In February 2020, representatives from undergraduate and graduate schools were engaged in requirements and Future State Design workshops. Six major releases were implemented from September 2020 through September 2021.
Key benefits of the CRM Implementation include:
- Robust CRM system with full visibility and tracking of prospective students for recruitment.
- New application intake process, including an applicant portal that provides enhanced functionality for applicants to track their journey from beginning to end. In addition, approved application reading functionality allows readers the ability to review applications, documents, and other materials, while adding comments and decisions throughout the process.
- Improved process that will enable Admissions teams to track the lifecycle of full student engagement from recruitment through admissions, including application review and decision functionality.
- Multi-channel ticketing and routing system through various intake channels to track the case lifecycle for prospective and current Rutgers students which will expedite customer service and improve customer satisfaction.
- Improved reporting capabilities through access to self-service reporting tools and Rutgers-specific templates and reports.
Although two application cycles have been completed since the initial implementation of the CRM system, improvements will continue to be added to provide additional functionality. The project team is working on the prioritization of “Day 2” and system enhancement work efforts.
All involved with the project are happy to announce that as part of the CRM initiative, Rutgers is also implementing Common App.
Common App is a single online college application with 24/7/365 support for all students applying to over 1,000 member colleges and universities. It is used by more than three million applicants, teachers, and counselors each year. Rutgers plans to launch the first phase of Common App by August 2023 for the 2024-2025 academic year which will include first-year undergraduate students applying to any Rutgers campus.
Thank you for your continued support and partnership.
We would be happy to hear from you. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.